DIY Kintsugi repair kitRegular price €29,50
The first easy to use DIY Kintsugi kit to repair broken ceramics with gold and treasure the beauty of imperfection based on the old Japanese art of Kintsugi, meaning gold repair.
Can be used multiple times and on different hard materials. Made by Humade.
- Two component glue
- Gold powder
- Bamboo stearing sticks and gloves
- Putty to fill up missing bits and pieces
- A step by step manual with detailed pictures
Kintsugi originated in the late 15th century when the emperor of Japan sent his damaged pottery back to Cishina for repairs. Upon its return, the emperor noticed ceramics were repaired using metal staples. He immediately ordered his craftsmen to come up with something more aesthetic. The result: kintsugi (gold repair). The art of kintsugi became so popular that collectors deliberately started smashing up valuable pottery… so it could be repaired with the gold seams of kintsugi.
- One New Kintsugi Repair Kit can be used multiple times to fix up to 10 items (see picture)
- The New Kintsugi Repair Kit can be used on almost any other material such as glass, wood, marble or hard plastics
- Please make sure to read the Kintsugi Kit manual before use
- When you are ready let it dry for 48 hours so the glue can fully set and than, al ready for use!
- The glue has been used for many years to repair kitchen ware without any complaints but if you have any questions, please let us know.