Say goodbye to plastic periods and nasty chemicals with these organic cotton tampons from &Sisters.
Perfect for medium to heavy flow days:
The pack contains 16 medium naked tampons® without an applicator. Each one is individually wrapped in paper and are fully biodegradable making them better for you and better for the planet.
100% pure natural organic cotton fibres and cotton thread.
No synthetics. No harmful chemicals. No perfumes.
Better for your body:
- 100% pure natural organic cotton core and thread
- No synthetics. No harmful chemicals. No perfumes. No colourants
- Better protection: uniquely woven for maximum absorbency
- Better comfort: widthways expansion
- Better fit: octagonal design for more comfort and protection
- Soft and breathable with a veil to prevent fibre shedding
- Hypoallergenic: pH neutral for sensitive skin
- Individually wrapped
Better for our planet:
- Sustainably-produced organic cotton, grown without the need for chemical fertilisers, herbicides or pesticides
- All &SISTERS cotton is purified in a Totally Chlorine Free (TCF) process meaning no chlorine or dioxins.
- Biodegradable cotton core
- Recyclable clear polypropylene (PP5) film wrap (13% of UK households have kerbside film collection and most major supermarkets have ‘front of store’ collection points)
- Environmentally-friendlier than synthetic, mass-market feminine care alternatives
- Certified organic by Soil Association Certification (DK14305) according to the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS)
Better for womankind:
- 10% of all &SISTERS profits go to support women’s health, education & economic empowerment across the globe
Always use the lowest tampon absorbency for your needs
The Contour Fit™ design provides comfortable all-around expansion for maximum leak protection without the use of chemical absorbents and follows your individual contours providing a true and more comfortable fit.
How to dispose of your period products?
All &SISTERS organic cotton period products are compostable and biodegradable. &SISTERS period products are plastic free unlike conventional pads, tampons and panty liners which are often made from up to 90% crude oil plastics.
Every woman can use up to 17,000 period products during her lifetime, so avoiding sending these to landfill drastically improves your carbon footprint and goes towards helping save the planet.
Composting organic cotton pads and tampons is easy:
Create the correct conditions (i.e. damp and warm) by making a well-sealed compost bin and adding to it regularly. Using a properly enclosed bin is also keeps vermin away.
Ensure your compost has a good balance of green and brown compost
Green compost includes veggie peelings and grass cuttings etc. – softer, damper stuff that breaks down relatively quickly.
Brown compost involves fibrous stuff like cardboard and pruning clippings, as well as organic cotton tampons, pads and liners which will take longer to biodegrade than ‘green’ compost.
To speed up the composting process, it’s a good idea to break up the pads and liners by hand (or with scissors) before putting them in the compost bin. Ideally, separate the backing layer which holds a small amount of adhesive – this can be composted too.
Pat yourself on the back for choosing period products that won’t contribute to landfill.
Be patient. It takes 2+ years for period products to break down completely and return all the building blocks of nature back into the soil to continue the cycle for future plant growth.