Say goodbye to plastic periods and nasty chemicals with these organic cotton pads from &Sisters.
The pack contains 12 medium pads made with 100% certified organic cotton. Each pad contains 82% certified organic cotton (the absorbent cotton pad) & 18% biodegradable biopolymer derived from cornstarch (the waterproof back sheet) making them better for you and better for the planet.
100% pure natural organic cotton fibres and cotton thread.
No synthetics. No harmful chemicals. No perfumes.
Better for your body:
- Made with pure natural organic cotton
- No synthetics. No harmful chemicals. No perfumes. No colourants
- Better protection: uniquely woven cotton core for maximum absorbency, with a waterproof back sheet ensuring the skin is kept clean and dry
- Better comfort: ultra-thin, soft and breathable
- Better fit: anatomically designed with protective wings for a secure fit
- Hypoallergenic: pH neutral for sensitive skin
- Individually wrapped
Better for our planet:
- Sustainably-produced organic cotton, grown without the need for chemical fertilisers, herbicides or pesticides
- Our cotton is purified in a Totally Chlorine Free (TCF) process meaning no chlorine or dioxins.
- Biodegradable cotton pad and bio-film backing sheet and wrapper
- Environmentally-friendlier than synthetic, mass-market feminine care alternatives
- Made with organic cotton certified by Soil Association Certification (DK14305) according to the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS).
Better for womankind:
- 10% of all &SISTERS profits go to support women’s health, education & economic empowerment across the globe
Always use the lowest tampon absorbency for your needs
Our Rib-Weave™ design ensures the even absorption away from the skin towards the absorbent cotton core providing maximum absorbency and maximum leak protection without the use of chemical absorbents, whilst the anatomically designed pad provides a secure and comfortable fit.
How to dispose of your period products?
All &SISTERS organic cotton period products are compostable and biodegradable. &SISTERS period products are plastic free unlike conventional pads, tampons and panty liners which are often made from up to 90% crude oil plastics.
Every woman can use up to 17,000 period products during her lifetime, so avoiding sending these to landfill drastically improves your carbon footprint and goes towards helping save the planet.
Composting organic cotton pads and tampons is easy:
Create the correct conditions (i.e. damp and warm) by making a well-sealed compost bin and adding to it regularly. Using a properly enclosed bin is also keeps vermin away.
Ensure your compost has a good balance of green and brown compost
Green compost includes veggie peelings and grass cuttings etc. – softer, damper stuff that breaks down relatively quickly.
Brown compost involves fibrous stuff like cardboard and pruning clippings, as well as organic cotton tampons, pads and liners which will take longer to biodegrade than ‘green’ compost.
To speed up the composting process, it’s a good idea to break up the pads and liners by hand (or with scissors) before putting them in the compost bin. Ideally, separate the backing layer which holds a small amount of adhesive – this can be composted too.
Pat yourself on the back for choosing period products that won’t contribute to landfill.
Be patient. It takes 2+ years for period products to break down completely and return all the building blocks of nature back into the soil to continue the cycle for future plant growth.